Become A Certified Social Business For Free!
What does it mean that you are a Social Business Certified by the Grameen Creative Lab?
Acquiring the Social Business Certification means that your organization is aligned with and follows Professor Muhammad Yunus’s principles of social business and the concept of all Grameen Organizations.
Consultants of The Grameen Creative Lab will review your business and provide you with a certification signed directly by Prof. Yunus and a logo that you can use to increase visibility and acquire more credibility.
Why should you get it?
Getting a Social business certification will allow you to:
- Demonstrate your expertise: By obtaining a social business certification, you can demonstrate your knowledge and expertise in the field of social entrepreneurship and show that you are committed to creating a positive impact through business.
- Enhance your credibility: Having a social business certification can enhance your credibility and reputation as a social entrepreneur. It can demonstrate to stakeholders, investors, and customers that you are committed to ethical and sustainable business practices.
- Access to new opportunities: Some social business certifications offer access to a network of other certified professionals, as well as exclusive job or funding opportunities.
- Staying up-to-date: The field of social entrepreneurship is constantly evolving, and a certification program can help you stay up-to-date with the latest trends, and best practices.
Who can get it?
Any social business endeavoring to make a positive impact on society and the environment must equip itself with the necessary tools and knowledge. To achieve this, it is essential to adhere to the following fundamental guidelines:
1. Establish a social or environmental mission statement as the primary objective of your business. It involves identifying the purpose of the business beyond profit-making and developing a clear and concise statement that reflects the organization's commitment to improving the lives of people and the planet. This mission statement guides the decision-making process and ensures that the business's actions align with its values and goals.
2. Reinvesting profits generated by the business back into the same organization is another critical principle for social businesses. This reinvestment ensures that the organization has the financial resources to achieve its social and environmental goals while sustaining its operations over the long term. By doing so, social businesses prioritize their mission over maximizing profits for shareholders, creating a sustainable business model that benefits the community and the planet.
3. Social businesses that prioritize social and environmental impact over profits often have a unique approach to investment. Investors get back their investment amount only, and no dividend is given beyond investment money. This approach aligns with the social business's mission and encourages investors to support the business for its social impact rather than its profit potential.
4. When investment amount is paid back, company profit stays with the company for expansion and improvement. It is also important to keep track on how we reinvest this profit.
5. Social businesses also prioritize gender sensitivity and environmental consciousness. This means taking into account the impact of the business's operations on the environment and ensuring that the business practices are sustainable.
6. Additionally, social businesses aim to provide better working conditions and pay market wages to their workforce, promoting fair and equitable employment practices.
7. We believe in doing the work with joy, by prioritizing employee well-being and job satisfaction, social businesses can create a more productive and engaged workforce.
How can you get it?
• To participate in the incubation or acceleration programs with the Grameen Creative lab, write to email@example.com.
• Join our consultancy program, led by our worldwide experts.